Friday 12 February 2010

A visit to the supermarket

I’m going to tell you a story. (Now, who used that catch phrase I wonder?)

....but first of all can I just say a huge thank you to all my visitors for such a fantastic welcome. Since I started last weekend I have failed miserably in all my ‘House Husband’ duties and spent so many interesting hours in front of the PC. I’ve redeemed some points today but I just had to come and have a look – even more visitors! Wow, what a friendly lot you are!

Anyway.... this story.
I was in a local supermarket the other day for a few bits and pieces and having unloaded onto the conveyor, I scanned the other isles and noted a young woman placing her groceries in the trolley after they had been scanned. She was in full conversation on her mobile whilst loading her trolley. I thought how rude she was being and then concentrated on my own purchases.

Imagine my surprise when I next spotted her. She was crouched down, picking up what remained of a dozen eggs from the pavement outside the front door of the Supermarket. Initially I thought, ‘Oh dear’ until I realised that the mobile was still stuck to her ear and she was in full flow. ........I walked across to the car with a huge grin on my face.
The best of it was that even as I drove off, she was still on the phone, unloading her fully loaded trolley, one handed.

Must have been an awfully important call!
BH.

PS I won’t be posting over the weekend and before I do, I will be calling in on all my visitors for a proper chat. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Bloodhound! Funny story. I can't stand mobile phones ....... have one simply because the whole world just expects you to be "contactable". No phone conversation is so important that you have to have it on the move. Do drop in and take part in the Mystery Picture Competition at my blog. Happy weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggciting story and the Yolk was on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always smile at losers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought rude cell phone users only lived over here! I've seen similar situations much too often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the reason I don't have mobile phone!I am very clumsy!LOL
    Hello dear friend,
    Thanks a lot for your kind visit and comment in our Bonjour Luxembourg blog.You are really gentle.
    But as a Brazilian I'm thinking of this hard winter it's so much for me!!!In Brazil we don't have much winter and so on.
    But winter give beautiful sceneries and it's really wonderful with snow.
    Your blog is cool, with beautiful and interesting posts.
    I specially loved that post about ice sculptures, well done!Also that SUNSET is magnificent!
    Enjoy blogland!
    hugs from Luxembourg
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would I be really mean if I said I'm glad the lady dropped her eggs? People have become so rude with their cell phones!
    Looks like you have been doing just fine here learning to blog, glad you are enjoying it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my limited travels out in the white stuff, I have seen several drivers with one had firmly held to the ear while sliding around corners on not completely cleared streets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe she was talking for the Olympic games to win a gold medal in chatting ?
    Nice to meet you although your name is very dangerous for me because Gattina means "Kitty" in Italian and you are a blood hound ! I am scared, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gattina, Can't resist a reply to above.....
    Don't be afraid - my barks worse than my bite. lol!

    ReplyDelete